Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Guest blogger: Kathleen Janz Anderson

 


5 Things You Don't Know About Kathleen Janz Anderson

1.     I learned to speak Dutch before I spoke English

2.     I hitched-hiked from Oregon to Texas with my 2-year-old daughter. Yes, a couple of scary moments, but all and all pretty exciting.

3.     When my boys were very young I would pick up treats with food stamps and pay $1 a piece to get into a theater.  

4.     I was caught in a sudden blizzard (in the country) with zero visibility. Luckily, my car stopped running at around 500 of a house. 

5.     My series September Wind won 2nd place as a manuscript––then called An Empty Forrest.




“A storm is headed our way, little one. I can feel it in my bones.”

1942-1960 ~ Emily lives her first eighteen years on her grandfather’s farm. After her God-fearing grandmother dies when Emily is six, she is left with a burden of misfortune and hardship.

When the school board forces Grandfather’s hand, Emily is allowed to attend school. She experiences her first real friendship, the thrill and pain of an innocent young love, and a secret she bears alone.

Just days after her 18th birthday, her bag is packed, and she’s ready to start a new life. When someone tries to stop her - and ends up dead - Emily escapes the horror and hops a train out west. Her long-awaited plan for an adventure was ruined by an evil man, and for the sake of her sanity, she pushes back guilt of a gruesome death that has her fingerprints all over it.

She arrives in San Francisco wide-eyed and filled with hope. Planning a new life was easy, but her inexperience leaves her vulnerable to those who take advantage of her naivety.

Nightfall is just hours away when a waitress takes her to a madam.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Guest blogger: Glenn Berggoetz

                                        Glenn Berggoetz is the author of books ranging from novels to prose poetry to non-fiction. He's...