Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Guest blogger: Paige Etheridge







Please tell us about your latest book.
“Cyber Knot” is a Cyberpunk where nature has reclaimed Earth, which is generally not the case
in that genre. The book deals with the part of the definition of Cyborg not currently being
explored. The return of Pagan religions and other trends are also covered. Oh and there’s the
cool Cyborcas! I promised to bring them into the world and I was true to my word!

What can we expect from you in the future?
A novel dealing with the Pink Weredolphins based on the Encantado myth surrounding the
Amazon River Dolphins. I’ve been haunted by dreams of an Indian Woman on the border of
Pakistan waiting for me to write about her, so that’s coming too.

How do we find out about you and your books?
Here are some links to follow me and find out more about my work.
https://www.instagram.com/paige.etheridge/
https://www.amazon.com/Paige-Etheridge/e/B07MHJW92Q/
https://twitter.com/PaigeEtheridge1

When did you first think about writing and what prompted you to submit your first ms?
All my life. There was never a point I wasn’t desiring to tell stories. I just knew that at some
point my writing was finally ready.

Do you have a set schedule for writing or do you just go with the flow?
I follow the seasons as well as astrological currents. For example, I tend to start a new book in
Aries season in the spring and wrap up in the winter months around Capricorn and Aquarius
Season.

Where do your ideas come from?
Dreams. Random thoughts during the day. All my books are expansions on one of those.
What are some of your favorite things to do?
Walking around cool places. Gaming; I play a lot of Metal Gear Solid and Pokemon Go. Yoga.
Swimming. Cooking foods from all over the world. Photography. Journaling. Writing.


Who are some of your other favorite authors to read?
It was Twain, Gaiiman, and Hawthorne for years. Recently my love of reading has been on
hiatus and I’m wondering if it may be gone forever. I’m not sure if I’ve just been over-saturated
from reading so much for so long. But likely, it’s just time for people to focus on producing my
own books and stories rather than others. Recently, I’m only reading when it’s research for a
current project of mine.

How many books have you written, how many have been published?
I’ve completed two “Kissing Stars Over the Rising Sun’ and “Cyber Knot”. Both are published.
I’m currently editing my third and playing around with my fourth a bit by cooking Indian Food.
But I am still married to my pink dolphins so they are my priority.
After you've written your book and it's been published, do you ever buy it and/or read it?
I love having a copy. But once a book of mine is done, I don’t read it again except for the
occasional excerpt as I create my own book ads for marketing. I’ve read and reread my own
book so many times before it’s published, so by the time it’s out in the world it’s all for the
readers.

 What is the most rewarding thing about being a writer?
Producing an idea that was in your head and turning it into something physical into the world.
Watching those stories and characters take on a life of their own once you release your book
into the wild.

What is your greatest desire?
Own a house in Salem. Be able to camp out in Tiger Lily Cafe whenever I want. Things like that.
Overall, I’m pretty happy with my life though.

 Are there any words of encouragement for unpublished writers?
If producing books is something you really want to do for the right reasons, there’s a way to do
it. Follow your gut in getting where you want to go.

FREE BOOKS! Tommy The Snowman Had A Bad Day & The Angry Snowman

 FREE MARCH 22ND - MARCH 26TH GET THESE EBOOKS FREE AND IF YOU LIKE THEM YOU CAN BUY THE PRINT BOOK THAT HAS BOTH INCLUDED FOR YOUR KIDS. To...