Thursday, September 19, 2019

Guest blogger: Consuella Harris

                                                The Surrogates by [Harris, Consuella]
https://www.amazon.com/Surrogates-Consuella-Harris-ebook/dp/B00L4MAXYG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Consuella+Harris&qid=1568900101&s=gateway&sr=8-1





What can we expect from you in the future?
I plan to write an autobiographical story.

How do we find out about you and your books?
http://consuelharris.com


How much of your personality and life experiences are in your writing?
My first two books were fiction and had no relevance to my life.


When did you first think about writing and what prompted you to submit your first ms?
I’ve always been interested in writing. Over the years, I’ve written Plays, songs and ultimately two books.


Do you have a set schedule for writing or do you just go with the flow?
I go with the flow, however, for my next book, I intend to set a daily schedule.


What about your family, do they know not to bother you when you are writing - or are there constant interruptions?
I’m retired and live alone with a dog and she respects my time.

What do you do to relax and recharge your batteries?
Read and take naps.


Where do your ideas come from?
My first book “The Surrogates” came as a result of the increasing number of children born from Surrogates. As a writer I became to think, “What if?” I then began to think of different situations which could affect the surrogacy process. Through my book I chose multiple Surrogates, and different races and various plots.


Do you feel humor is important in books and why?
It depends on what the Writer is wring about.

What kind of research do you do? I had to research the subject of surrogacy in order to make the story as realistic as possible.
.
Please tell us about yourself.
I am now a 72 year old African American, with one child (a girl); five grandchildren and five Great grandchildren. I’m retired and lie alone. I love reading and staying current with the world around me. I love to travel and meeting new people.


What are some of your favorite things to do?
Reading, bowling and traveling.


Who are some of your other favorite authors to read?
Too many to answer, usually, I select a book based on the topic, not the author. In addition, I love mysteries.


What do you think of critique groups in general?
I don’t know a lot about them.



Where do you see yourself in five years?
77 years old and with my autobiographical novel being published.


How many books have you written, how many have been published? Two and both have been published.

After you've written your book and it's been published, do you ever buy it and/or read it?
Yes, I’ve purchased the books and read them.

Among your own books, have you a favorite book?
Favorite hero or heroine? Yes, “The Surrogates” My favorite heroine was Denise, she took a traumatic situation and tried to help others.

What is the most rewarding thing about being a writer?
To see a thought become something real involving people, complicated situations and hopefully in the end a message of hope.

If you weren't writing, what would you be doing?
I can’t imagine anything else, my life has including writing songs, plays, poems, essays and books.


What is your greatest desire?
To see “The Surrogates” become TV movie.
Are there any words of encouragement for unpublished writers? Yes, never give up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contest Time! Nominate Somebody That You Want To Win!

  Having a bad day CONTEST TIME!   Starts April 12th  Ends April 19th How To Enter: (Read all the rules before entering) To enter this conte...